Monday, December 13, 2010
For FHE we bought lights and decorations to put on our little Christmas tree. Jace was very interested in what was going on. Afterwards we had Oreos and milk. It was a fun night together as a family and to think about this Christmas season. I also changed up Jace's nap schedule a little bit and this was the first day he took his nap after his lunch. It worked out pretty good so it's now his normal routine.
Tuesday, December 14, 2010
After Sheldon got home from work we headed to Waikiki to check out our new place that we are moving into in January. It's really close to the beach so I am excited because that will make our days a little bit more fun. We ran into the parrot man who tries to get you to take pictures of his birds and then asks for money. I didn't want to stop and look at the birds but Jace and Sheldon had other plans. We really didn't have any money but the bird man was nice enough to let us take pictures anyways.
Here's how quickly Jace can mess up a room. I swear I spend all morning cleaning up and it's destroyed in seconds. :) He was also very excited I let him play with the bell ornaments from the Christmas tree.



We had fun walking around Waikiki. We especially enjoyed walking around the Sheraton Resort. They had beautiful Christmas decorations.

This is an actual sand sculpture of Mr. and Mrs. Claus. Pretty cool!
After we walked through the resort we headed straight out to the beach. They don't have a sandy beach but have a walkway that you can look over and see the waves crash into the wall below. Every time a wave came and crashed Jace said, "Whoa!"
Day 35
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
This was the end of our fifth week in Hawaii. Luckily we found a Costco nearby because groceries are very expensive. Jace loved playing with this diaper box and constantly climbed in and out of it all week until it broke. He was a happy boy. I took Jace to Sears to get his picture taken for Christmas and I will post the pictures when I get them. They turned out very cute!

Day 36
Thursday, December 16, 2010
Sheldon only had to work half a day so when he got home we headed over to the Ala Mona Beach. Afterwards we walked across to the mall and watched a Christmas performance. My camera ran out of batteries so I didn't get any pictures. It was a really fun day and I was glad to have Sheldon home when he is usually at work. Those are the best days.
Day 37
Friday, December 17, 2010
Sheldon got home from work and we were officially able to celebrate the start of his Christmas break. He gets to be home with us for one whole week! We decided to go to the park to let Jace play and then we rented a movie and had popcorn and cookies. The only pictures I took that day were of Jace in the morning. I thought he looked pretty cute in his pajamas and he was concentrating really hard on stacking his Mega Blocks.


Day 38
Saturday, December 18, 2010
We headed to an early matinée and saw the new Narnia movie. It's so fun that we can all go to movies now. Jace will sit for a long time if he has a tub of popcorn in front of him. After his afternoon nap we headed over to the beach. We went to Kuliouou Beach Park. The water was shallow enough that we could walk out about 200 feet to a sandbar. We set up our stuff on the sandbar and had so much fun. It felt like we were on our own private little island. Afterwards we headed over to Hawaii Kai to watch the Christmas Boat Light Parade. Jace's favorite boat was the one decorated like the movie Avatar. He was memorized by it.

Sunday, December 19, 2010
We went to church and Jace went to nursery for his second time. He did pretty well and is starting to like the nursery leaders more and more. When we peaked our heads in he was sitting his chair for the lesson like all the other kids except he was holding three balloon and was kind of bouncing up and down. At least they figured out a way to get him to sit and listen. The oldest kids in there are three and he is one of the youngest so sitting down and listening to a teacher is a new concept to him. Sheldon checked on him during the third hour and we was sitting at the table during snack time eating his snacks but saw Sheldon and immediately started crying. I think he is doing great considering he hasn't really been apart from us all that much. After church we attended a Christmas concert put on by our stake in the tabernacle and is was amazing to sit and listen and think about our Savior and all He has done for us. I am truly grateful for His birth and life and His sacrifice. I am so grateful for my little family and all the happiness Sheldon and Jace bring to my life. It was a wonderful Sunday.
1 comment:
I think Jace likes eating candy canes, playing in the water, sitting in boxes, and playing with blocks. He looks so happy. All of the Christmas things you're seeing and doing in Hawaii sound and look amazing. I have to admit that I am a bit jealous!
Post a Comment