12.05.2010

Day 19-25

Day 19
Monday, November 29, 2010
Jace and I went swimming at the public pool by our house. I didn't take any pictures unfortunately. :(

Day 20
Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Sheldon had to take his board exam so I dropped him off at his test and that also meant I had the car for the day. Jace and I went to the Waikiki Aquarium. Jace loved looking at the Monk Seal and was running like crazy to all the different aquariums and pointing at everything he saw. I could barely get him to look at the camera. Afterwards we went for a walk along the beach. Then we went and picked up Sheldon and we all went to Costco for some lunch and grocery shopping. We had a fun day!









Day 21
Wednesday, December 1, 2010

This is our life...living out of a suitcase. :)
Sheldon had the day off since his attending doctor was on vacation. We headed over to the North Shore and checked out a professional surfing competition at Sunset Beach. The surfers did some really cool stuff on their boards.
Then we headed over to Turtle Bay for some swimming.

Here's Jace getting warm and drinking his milk. It gets a little cold if the wind is blowing and the sun sets. We went over to the resort's heated pool and had fun swimming for a few hours after that.
Day 22
Thursday, December 2, 2010

This was the start of our third week in Hawaii. Jace and I hung out at the apartment mostly because it was very windy and rainy in the morning. He learned how to say "cheese" and smile at the camera so he was having fun having his picture taken and was actually smiling. I took like 10 pictures of him smiling but I am only putting up my two favorite ones.

Here's my buddy that I get to spend my days with. I love my little baby boy!
Later that day we headed over to the Makiki District Park which is only half a mile away form our house. Jace had fun playing on the play structure and chasing the birds. We go there almost everyday in the morning after I go jogging and I let Jace run around and get some exercise before his nap. They also have a public swimming pool that we can swim in for free. We've done that twice now.

Day 23
Friday, December 3, 2010

We headed over to the Hilton for the fireworks show again. We swam in the water until the show started. It was fun to swim in the ocean at night. Before the show we went and looked at the penguins and fish pond again. Jace loved pointing out all the different animals.




Day 24
Saturday, December 4, 2010

We spent the day at the Ala Moana Beach and then headed downtown for the City Lights Parade and tree lighting.



Jace clapped his hands and danced around when he saw the marching bands. He loved all the lights and was very interested in the parade.



Day 25
December 5, 2010

Jace turned 18 months old today. He went to nursery for the first time today. He did well during Sunday School but started crying after he saw some other moms and dads go in and out of the nursery. I guess he finally realized we were gone. So Sheldon took him to priesthood for the third hour. I guess one hour of nursery was good for a start.
Here's Jace eating lunch before getting all ready for church. He has just learned how to say, "cheese" and smile for the camera.
Our church is really beautiful. The hallways are all outside and in the middle of the hallway is a beautiful garden. Outside the Relief Society room is a large fountain and a beautiful mural of our Savior. It's such a pretty building, it's a tabernacle that's pretty old.

Here's a little bit about the tabernacle I found on LDS.org's newsroom:
"The tabernacle originally housed the Oahu stake, which was organized in 1935, the first stake to be organized off of the United States mainland. Architect for the tabernacle was Harold W. Burton, who also designed the Hawaii Temple in Laie. For many years the illuminated tower of the tabernacle, rising 141 feet, served as a beacon even for ships at sea. It was exceeded in height only by the Aloha Tower. Today, the skyline is dominated by numerous high-rise apartments, hotels and office buildings.
Perhaps the tabernacle's most identifiable feature is the large tile mosaic representing Christ which adorns the front of the chapel. It was done by Eugene Savage, who was head of the art department at Columbia University. The mosaic is made up of at least 100,000 tiny ceramic tiles.
The tabernacle was dedicated Sunday, Aug. 17, 1941, less than four months before Japan's attack on Pearl Harbor on Dec. 7, 1941. In his dedicatory prayer, President David O. McKay, then-second counselor in the First Presidency, blessed the edifice that no missile would strike it in any war."

1 comment:

Steve and Gayle said...

I sure miss all of you, but it looks like you are having the time of your life. This will be a part of Sheldon's schooling that I bet you will remember forever.