June 5, 2009-March 17, 2012
Jace Sheldon Olsen was our miracle, our light, our love, our everything. We waited for him for seven years. He was a perfect and beautiful little boy. He was born on June 5, 2009. He weighed 7 pounds 9 ounces and was 21 inches long. We were able to spend time with his beautiful birth mother in the hospital and took him home on June 7, 2009.
The first night he was in our home I couldn't stop staring at him and I never wanted to let him go. I didn't even sleep that night. I prayed and thanked Heavenly Father for this little boy that we were privileged to call our son and spent the entire night holding him and staring at this little miracle.
Sheldon and I grew up together as a couple as we learned to become parents. We watched our little Jace reach so many milestones, of which I am so grateful. Jace learned to roll over at four months, he learned to sit up at six months, he learned to crawl at nine months, and he learned to walk at 13 months.
By 18 months he was a running, jumping, talking toddler who continued to light up our world and bring us so much joy. He loved playing monster trucks and trains. He gave the best kisses and hugs. He loved singing "I am a Child of God" and "The Itsy Bitsy Spider." He was learning to count to five and knew how to sing his ABC's. He loved playing Angry Birds on the computer and going to Playhouse Disney.
He was a very smart and inquisitive little boy with so much athletic ability. He was tall and very coordinated. He was also very tender hearted and loved his little friends and playing with them. He was learning to ride his scooter and was looking forward to his third birthday party. He wanted a pirate party because he loved "Jake and the Neverland Pirates." He loved playing hide and seek and being tickled He would always say, "Can't catch me!" and start running away when he wanted to play. We loved taking him for walks and playing playdough and coloring with him. He loved his stripe and star blankets that he called "t-t's" and his sippy cup that he called "ba-ba." He would crawl into our bed in the mornings and give us the best kisses.
I miss him dearly. I love him and Sheldon with all my heart. I feel so grateful for the 33 months that I was able to love him and care for him. My heart is so full of gratitude for him and the love we shared together. Jace Sheldon Olsen is now in the loving arms of his Savior along with his daddy. I know that we can be together again. I will look forward to that day for the rest of my life.



6 comments:
You are in my thoughts and prayers. We too were blessed by adoption. There simply is no greater gift. May God be with you in your time of sorrow
No words are ever right in a situation like this. You're in my thoughts.
You are in my heart and prayers.
I came across your sight from Angela's blog. I am so sorry about your loss. I cannot imagine what you may be feeling right now. My good friend has a blog with grief resources if you would like to visit ... it is
www.teshastreasures.com
I've never met you, but I wish that I could hold you in my arms and promise you it will get better. Slowly, over a lot of time, the pain will begin to fade, and you will find what it is that you have been left here to live for. I pray for you constantly that you can find the strength to make it through each passing hour.
While I do not know you, I pray for you. I pray for peace to surround you and comfort you. I pray for the heavenly father to continue to hold you and to remember that he will never leave nor forsake you! I can not imagine the pain you are feeling. May God be with you.
Post a Comment