4.06.2012

Sheldon

October 3, 1980-March 17, 2012

Sheldon Walter Olsen was born on October 3, 1980.  He was the third child to Carol Sylvester and Steen Olsen.  His siblings are Lance, Heidi, Holly, and Mathew.  He was very close with his siblings and kept in contact with them into his adult life.  He said goodbye to his father, Steen Olsen, on November 23, 2008.  








Sheldon graduated from Uintah High School in 1999. He served an LDS Mission in Frankfurt Germany.  A few months after returning home from his mission, Sheldon and I met.  We dated for six months and we were engaged for three months.  We were married in the LDS Salt Lake Temple on November 23, 2002.  We lived in Salt Lake City, Utah for five years while Sheldon completed his Bachelor's of Science degree in Biology from the University of Utah.  Sheldon served as the young men's president in our ward and he also served as the ward mission leader and as the 2nd Counselor in the bishopric.  In August of 2007 we headed to Forest Grove, Oregon for the start of our optometry school adventures.



Sheldon attended four years of optometry school at Pacific University.  We bought our first home in Forest Grove.  In June of 2009 we were able to adopt the most precious little boy.  He was our little miracle.  Sheldon was an adoring father and loved our little Jace.  We really grew up together as we became parents and took on that responsibility.  On December 5, 2009 we were sealed to our son in the LDS Portland Temple.  Sheldon served as a boy scout leader and gospel doctrine teacher.  Sheldon's fourth year of optometry school took us to Utah, Hawaii, and Arizona.  We moved three times in one year.  After a year of rotations, Sheldon graduated as a Doctor of Optometry.  We were sad to leave Forest Grove, but we enjoyed our year of rotations, and we were eager for Sheldon to start his profession.










Sheldon began his career at the Shelton Family Vision Center in Shelton, Washington.  He was able to practice for six months.  We were very proud of him and his accomplishments.  Sheldon served in the young men's presidency in our ward in Washington.  

We had a very happy and blessed life together.  Sheldon was a man who was determined in all aspects of his life.  He was an excellent father, a kind and loving husband, and a committed church member.  He loved barbecuing, riding his motorcycle, snowboarding, running, lifting weights, and being with his family and friends.  He accomplished so much in his short life and I do take comfort knowing that Sheldon and Jace are together.  I love them and it is my greatest privilege to be Sheldon's wife and Jace's mother.  





2 comments:

Carmen said...

I'm so very sorry for your loss.

Unknown said...

I don't know if you remember me but i was one of your students in 4th grade.My name is Jacqueline i went to Mooberry.I remember you would use to talk about your son and husband when you came to visit us. You would be so happy just talking about them I just imagine how you feel. Am so sorry for your loss. I hope i could see you soon again and thank you for being the best teacher I ever had.

-Jacqueline
Am sorry again