4.05.2012

Our Story

Our love story began almost ten years ago.  Sheldon and I met right after he returned home from his LDS mission.  We only dated for six months before we were engaged.  We were married on November 23, 2002 in the LDS Salt Lake Temple.   After struggling with infertility for seven years we were chosen by a precious birth mom to adopt our son, Jace Sheldon. What a miracle he was in our lives!  We cherished every moment, relished every milestone, and expressed our love to one another often.  We never took one moment of it for granted.  Jace was sealed to us in the Portland LDS Temple in 2009.  In 2011 Sheldon graduated from optometry school and started his optometry practice.  He was able to practice for six months and was proud to provide for us.  Jace was 33 months old, almost three, and was almost completely potty trained.  He was turning into a big boy before our eyes.  On my birthday, they went out on a canoe ride and never returned.  I miss them so much.  I want them to know how much I love them and that I did and still do pray every day for how grateful I am to be Sheldon's wife and Jace's mother.   I love you Sheldon and Jace.  I can't wait for the day when we can wrap our arms around each other again.  



10 comments:

Court said...

Your story is heartbreaking. I cannot imagine what you are going through after losing your husband and son. Thank you for sharing your story and journey. I pray that God blesses you and am so glad that you have comfort in knowing that you will one day be reunited with your family
-Praying for you in Alabama.

Avrey &Cody Hendrix said...

I can't imagine this... You are a strong girl and I admire that in you! I'm so grateful you have the knowledge that you have. My prayers are with you in Idaho! <3

Sarahsworld said...

Thank you for sharing your story with all of us. Your strength and trust in God is inspiring.

Brittany said...

Thank you for sharing your story and your beautiful family with all of us. Jace and Shelton are going to bring people to know our Lord and Savior, by their incredible story and lives. Praying for you, in Ohio.

Elizabeth :: Bébé Suisse said...

My heart is breaking for your loss. Thank you for sharing the story of your sweet family with us. Wishing you strength and peace as you move forward and forge a new world for yourself. May your memories and your faith carry you through.

Zoey said...

Hugs to you from a stranger. I am another that cannot forget your story. We are praying for you!

Unknown said...

A friend of mine is a friend of yours and referred your blog as an inspiration. My prayers are with you. I shared your story today in our Relief Society lesson with an excerpt of your testimony. Thank you for being an example of how the gift of knowledge of the Resurrection can make the unbearable, bearable, albeit still heartbreaking. May you continue to carry your testimony and let the Lord share your burden.

marisa said...

I came accross your blog through a friend and I want to let you know that you and your precious family are in my thoughts and prayers. I lost my daughter over a year ago and can understand some of your pain, with losing a child. Thank you for sharing your family with us and I pray that the Lord will continue to send you strength and love.

Prayers from Canada,

Marisa

Unknown said...

Hey sweet girl! Your story has touched my heart. I came across it on Facebook through one of my friends posts. I am touched by your faith and devotion to the gospel and beliefs.
My husband just finished school himself and we are living in a little town called Elk, Washington. We have a lake on our property as well and reading your story has made me ever more aware of always taking safety precautions and reminding my family to do the same. But what a blessing also to be surrounded by nature.
I was reading about your husband and it turns out we might be related down the line. My mom's side is from Vernal Utah and we are related to the Salugh's as well. Small world. So from one distant family member to the other, I wish you all the best for your future. Only time can heal a wound this deep or at least give it some relief. In the meantime, you will be in my prayers. If you ever need to get away, you are more than welcome to come stay with me. :) Lots of love coming your way!
-Heather Mitchell
heather_werner@hotmail.com

Rose Blaylock said...

I lost my husband last week to suicide. I have a 3 1/2 yr daughter. I am haunted by his suicide note which blamed me for everything wrong in his life. But he was bipolar and refused any treatment. I admire your strength because right now it is all I can do to breathe