3.16.2013

Madison Wallace

The Wallace Family tragically lost their 16 year-old daughter, Madison, on Thursday. Madison's father is good friends with Sheldon's brother. I am very saddened to learn about this and the loss of their sweet daughter.  She died trying to save her brother who fell into a freezing cold river.  Her body was recovered, but they are still searching for a bystander who also came to assist in the rescue effort.  

Please pray for them and donate if possible.  They are in need of help with funeral expenses.   

http://www.madisonwallacefund.com/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2293901/Two-missing-jumping-icy-Big-Sioux-River-save-drowning-boy-6.html


4 comments:

Rebecca said...

My thoughts are with you today. I hope you are finding comfort with our Savior and your family. Much love to you from Missouri.

Melissa Cheney said...

I thought of you all this past week, knowing what a rough day you had ahead of you. I'm SO sorry for your loss, Julie!! You have been an AMAZING woman this past year! I know your husband and son have been close by, holding you up and helping you carry on. Please know that you are thought of and prayed for often at our house. Hope you were able to share some good memories with your family yesterday on your birthday. Take care.

Tracie said...

You are so sweet to be thinking of others even while you yet suffer. May God relieve your suffering and grant you peace and joy. You truly are amazing and a wonderful example to all whether you are running a marathon or curled up in a ball crying. I thank you for making sure others know about Madison Wallace and helping her family. I know I will. God bless.

The Hebbs said...

Thinking and praying for you as the one year mark hits for me. I love you and pray for you to have strength and endurance you need to make it through this life. May your boys always stay near to hold you up. Huge hugs to you.

What an amazing little girl. She paid the ultimate sacrifice-to give her life. Prayers for her sweet family.