Today in church these two verses really stood out to me
during Sacrament Meeting:
“For my thoughts are
not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.” Isaiah 55:8-9
“And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock
of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation;
that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the
whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it
shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless
wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a
foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.” Helaman 5:12
The meeting was about enduring and agency. I felt so uplifted after taking the
Sacrament. I love the feeling of
knowing that I am renewing that covenant with my Father in Heaven and promising
to keep His commandment and remember Him.
I always feel stronger after taking the Sacrament and I am so full of
gratitude for our Savior and His sacrifice for us. I was thinking about if Sheldon and Jace have
met Jesus yet. That might be a weird thing
to think about but I really was contemplating that out of all the people in the world
that our Savior knows each one of us and what that would be like to be able to meet Him. I was hoping that they have met Him. I was wondering what it will be like when I
meet my Savior. I want to be worthy and clean. I want to kneel at his feet and thank Him for
what He has done for me and for my family.
I am so thankful that because of His sacrifice that we can be resurrected
and live again. I am so thankful for
repentance and the opportunity to make commitments each Sunday to live my life
better, to strive a little harder, and to keep His commandments.
I think the versus really stood out to me because I realize
that I am so far from understanding or even comprehending why this has to be
for our family, why I have to be here and they are not, why I have to live
through this. I realize that I probably
will never know. But I do not want to
waste this life. I want to prove that I
can make it through this trial of not being with them. I want to prove that I do trust in God and
His path for me and my family. I will
continue to take strength from my Savior and have Him as my foundation and my rock. I am so thankful for my testimony. I couldn't have gotten through these ten
months without it.
I love you Sheldon and Jace.
5 comments:
The Issaiah scripture is one of my all time favorites (probably because I always need to remember it.) I quoted it in my talk today too. Love you Julie and though I don't have any answers as to why either, I truly believe that you will make it through this trial. You are amazing and the Savior knows it and loves you.
I need to remember those scriptures. Thank you for sharing. Thinking of you and praying for you. xoxo
Julie, I just want to start by saying I love you. I don't know you but after reading your story I just want to send my love to you. I am Tiffany Hebb's mother. I lost my sweet, only, grandson the day you were having memorial services for your two loves. I am so sorry for your loss. I want to say how strong & brave you are even though you have heard it many times. I really believe you are. I believe that a loving Hevenly Father does not like to see his beautiful daughters/mothers have their hearts shattered. Especially not in vain. So as you mentioned above, His ways are higher than our ways. As tough as this life is, we do have hope & faith, & thats what keeps us able to crawl out of the hail & the whirlwinds. And as the mighty storms beat upon us, we know our foundation, our Savior, loves us very much. Keep going sweet lady. You can do hard things.
Kisses, Sheri Barker
ps I have a blog for grandparents who have an angel in heaven. I would love to connect with your sweet Jace's grandparents. When we share our grief, it somehow seem easier to bear. grandparentswithangels.blogspot.com
Julie, I nominated you for the Liebsters Award...xoxo
http://hebbsters.blogspot.com/2013/02/liebster-award.html
Julie, you don't know me but I first found out about your story from a friend on Facebook (emily myers mcguire) asking for prayers on your behalf almost a year ago when your tragedy occurred. Every few months I check back in on your blog to find out how you're doing. I can't imagine how impossible this past year has been for you. I so appreciate how honest you are on your blog. Some how you manage to despair and inspire and give hope all in the same sentence. I love how much you love your husband and your son. I love how much you loved being his mother and Sheldon's wife. I'm so sorry for your loss, but remembering your story helps me be a better mom and wife. I love my little family so dearly and don't know what I would do without them, but it is so easy to forget what is the most important and how precious it all is when we get caught up on the day to day. I have 4 kids and I have a goal to give out 100 kisses a day to my family members because I know that's how much love they deserve. I will kiss my little boy tomorrow and pray for you and your son and husband.
Post a Comment