7.18.2012

My little family

Today I went to the cemetery and saw that the headstones had been put in place.  I kept it together pretty good at the cemetery.  I felt comforted that the stones look so beautiful and represent how I feel about them.  I do feel peace and comfort knowing that my final resting place will be next to my husband and son.  Looking at Jace's headstone has been very difficult.  He was our little miracle.  He was given to us through the miracle of adoption.  We cherished being his parents.  We loved him so much.  Having him as our son was such a gift from Heavenly Father and having him taken away from me feels like more heartache than any person should ever have to endure.   I feel so much gratitude for being able to be his mother and I hope that those feelings can help me on days like today, when it hurts so much.        





10 comments:

Ironygirl said...

I am so sorry for your loss. The headstones are beautiful.

Tracie said...

The headstones are beautiful, praying for you always.

Anonymous said...

The headstones are very nice. May you feel your Jace and Sheldon with you always and forever.

Michael and Crystal said...

Julie I do not know you but I love you and pray for you, I'm so thankful you were given Jace, oh what a blessing.. Adoption is a gift from God and how blessed we are to be mothers in this special way.. I do not understand why things happen but I know our Heavenly Father will go with you always even to the end of the world..much love and prayers

Amy said...

The headstones look beautiful!

glenda said...

beautiful... sorry for your loss.

Kennedy Klan said...

Prayers of comfort sent your way, I feel so sorry that you have to deal with such pain. It is of great comfort to know you will be with them again someday.
Eternal Families...... :)

Ashley said...

They turned out so beautiful! I remember looking at Preslee's and thinking it felt so final when it was placed. It's a hard feeling. I still think of you often!

Unknown said...

I found your blog through another just after the accident and have been following your story. Seeing those dates on the headstones is so gut-wrenching but your faith is amazing, I love that the temple is on the stone.I cant imagine the amount of character and strength needed to get through something like this, you are a spiritual giant! Sending prayers your way.

Leslie Podwys said...

Hi Julie,
I've really enjoyed getting caught up on your blog. Your posts are so beautiful and touching. I love the headstones, they are beautiful and so fitting. I love all the lovely, sweet things you are still doing for Jace and Sheldon, I know they are watching over you and doing lovely and sweet things for you too.
Love you!