5.08.2011

Sewing Can Be Fun!!

Last fall we lived with Sheldon's sister, Heidi, and she promised to help teach me how to sew. She gave me some great sewing lessons and put up with all my questions. With her help I made an apron and quilt. She took pity on me and helped me bind my quilt and finish up my apron for me since I was so slow and kept making mistakes. I also worked with my sister, Natalie, on making ties for Jace and Sheldon. So, for my birthday I requested my very own sewing machine and since that time I have made another apron, a pillow case, and a quilt for Jace. It's been fun to learn something new and learn how to sew but I still have a lot to learn. Thanks Heidi and Natalie for teaching me and thanks mom and dad for the sewing machine!!




When I was a teenager I would have never thought that I would WANT to sew since I was so anti crafting and anything similar to it. I was so into sports I hated having to sit down and do anything. But I've learned sewing can be fun!!!!!

3 comments:

Karen said...

Cute stuff! I want to get into sewing when we get back to the mainland.

Perry Family said...

love all the new things you made! i got a sewing machine this year and started some projects, too! It really is fun when it all comes together!

Steve and Gayle said...

I am totally impressed with all your sewing projects. I think I failed as a mother in the sewing category. :(