8.07.2010
Moving Out
We had about a week and a half to move out of our house. I thought that would be plenty of time but it really wasn't. Sheldon was in Salt Lake for four of those days so I started the slow packing process-really slow with taking care of Jace at the same time. Jace had a lot of fun when I started emptying out the closets and found all sorts of fun stuff to play with. He had a lot of fun with this picture frame box. I took the glass out of the top part so Jace could play with it. He kept sitting inside of it and crawling out and putting toys in it and taking them out. He played with the photo box for a long time.
He really liked all the bins and boxes. Those were new toys for him to play with. I should have gotten out cardboard boxes a long time ago. 

Jace had fun walking through the house and exploring empty cupboard and drawers. He also had fun carting our packing tape into every room so we never knew where it was. :) 

Once we got all the furniture out Jace had fun throwing his ball around the house and chasing after it. There was nothing to get in his way and he loved that game.
We had a garage sale and sold lots of our stuff. Jace had fun digging through all of it.
Our last day in our house we took some pictures of Jace in the empty rooms. 

He loves walking with his blanket wrapped around his shoulders and sometimes he even puts it over his head so he is walking without being able to see. That is a little scary.
Here's Jace saying goodbye to his first bedroom.
He kept climbing onto the lawn mower. His dad really wants a riding lawn mower and I guess Jace does too. Our garage actually was empty. That was a miracle. We had so much stuff in there too!!
Here's the leftovers from our garage sale that we donated to charity. The car seat and diaper bag were just waiting to be put into our car once we were ready to leave the house. The inside was totally cleaned out and empty so no one was allowed inside. I didn't want to have to clean anymore!!!! 
Here's our last family picture in front of our house. We are really going to miss our home and our ward. We've made such great friends and really enjoyed living in our home and watching Jace experience his first year there. I guess it's good we didn't sell the house after all since we both got really sad to leave. Overall it was a crazy busy week and a half and we are so thankful to all of our friends who helped us and who helped watch Jace. We couldn't have done it without you!! The Olsen family is headed to our next destination. Orem or BUST!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Moving is so exhausting! I hope that you treated yourself to some relaxing after you finsihed.
Jace's new pictures are so cute!
It is hard leaving your home and friends but I am thankful that you will be so close. We are so excited to get to be with your family and Jace. We'll see how Sidney does, still working on sharing. See you in a week.
It seems so odd to see your house empty. I know you've moved, but I must be in denial because I can't quite wrap my brain around it. What it all boils down to, though, is that optometry school has paved the way now for a great career. Who knows what else is around the corner?????
So sad! But you must be excited for what is next! Your family have a VERY bright future! I'm so glad I got to know you and shared our babies first year together. Good luck and we'll miss you lots!
Post a Comment