My family was able to enjoy 17 beautiful, happy, wonderful days in March before they were taken from me. I am writing this post remembering those last 17 days. My last post was at the end of February and I am writing this post to document those 17 days, before I write or share anything about what a happened on March 17th, which I don't think I will be able to for quite a long time. If you comment, please do not write about their deaths. This is about those last days we had together.
Here is Jace enjoying his Angry Birds bedroom.
Richard and Roselle came out for the first weekend in March. We had a hot dog roast and watched a movie together.
We shot some golf balls into the lake too. Sheldon's went really far!
I made Jace some sensory bins. The pink one is a treasure chest, the brown one is a dinosaur bin, and the white one is an ocean bin. We played with them non-stop for a long time. Jace's favorite was the treasure chest because it had pink rocks.
Jace and I colored with some markers and he decided to draw on his face. I told him to look in the mirror, and everyday after that when we colored, he drew on his face and looked in the mirror. He wanted to make sure I got a picture of it too.
Dinosaur Bin
Ocean Bin
Treasure Chest
We went to mount Rainier the second weekend in March with the youth group in our ward. Jace got to come along too. We had so much fun tubing and playing in the snow.
Sheldon popped this green tube. :)
Always a fun time with daddy!
We couldn't believe how high the snow pack was.
One day, after I got out of the shower I looked in the living room and saw Jace had taken an ENTIRE roll of toilet paper and emptied it around the house. He decided to get out his race cars for a fun race track.
We went to McDonald's one day this month before mutual at the church. Jace, for the first time, climbed into the tunnels and went down the slide. We stayed for two hours and he did not want to leave.
My friend and I met up in Tacoma to go to the children's museum there. Jace loved the water room so much.
When we got home he told me his favorite thing was painting. I told him we would buy him some paints.
On Friday, March 16th, I made a yummy lasagna dinner for our family with chocolate cupcakes for dessert. We watched a movie on Sheldon's projector and all cuddled on the couch. I remember thinking how lucky I was to be sitting there with my handsome husband and my beautiful son. I really was lucky and I am so blessed.
The next day, on my birthday, Jace asked for another chocolate cupcake and I even let him have TWO. He was so excited. Jace also put on his shirt all by himself that day. After he put his head and arms through the holes, he stood up and jumped up and down clapping at what he had done. These are the last pictures of Jace while he was alive. What a beautiful and happy life I had and I am so grateful I was so meticulous in documenting it. I love you Sheldon. I love you Jace. Thank you for giving me the best life imaginable.


29 comments:
One of the things I've always admired about you is how much joy you took from each and everyday of motherhood. Sometimes when I was feeling overwhelmed, I would call you. Your attitude about motherhood always lifted me up and reminded me to be grateful. Jace and Sheldon had a beautiful happy life because of you. Love you Julie xoxo
I love Jace's smile! I love the pics of him in his new room. He looks like he likes it a lot! I want to make my kids rooms so special for them now too!
I love the picture of your whole family in the snow. All three of you emanate pure happiness!
You are an amazing woman!
Oh Julie. What a sweet tribute to your wonderful life. You are so blessed to have the knowledge that you will certainly be reunited with these sweet boys and once again feel that happiness and joy. You are such wonderful example that the love and happiness of everyday life is what we should all cherish each and every day.
Julie, I stumbled across your blog awhile back somehow through the "blogosphere". I am also a Mommy to an almost 3 year old son, so have enjoyed reading about the adventures of your little family. Normally I would NEVER comment on someones blog who I do not even know, BUT I just felt compelled to tell you what an amazing mother & wife you seem to be. I know how much energy it takes to keep a little toddler busy all the while making your house a home & still making time for your husband/marriage. You seem to not only do it all, but do it all VERY well! How blessed your family is by you!
I just had to share with you what an inspiration women like you are to a fellow mommy & wife like me.
Respectfully,
Maile Foss
University Place, WA
mailefoss@gmail.com
It's always been fun to see what adventures your family is having. Jace is the cutest little guy, such funny faces for the camera! Ethan loves angry birds too! You have always reminded me to slow down and take time to have fun with my kids and to keep up with my blog. You are the most loving and fun mom. You always live life to it's fullest and I know you will continue to do that somehow. What a beautiful eternal family you have!
Beautiful Julie. Absolutely beautiful. You have such wisdom to do this now. Thank you for sharing. We rejoice in the lives of Jace and Sheldon! Both handsome men. :) You look so happy...those are some fantastic memories. I love the picture of Jace with the entire cupcake in his mouth. Precious! xoxo
I'm so glad that Andrew and I got to meet up with you and Jace at the Children's Museum. Andrew is still talking about Jace:). These are fun memories for us. I have always admired you for how you are such a go-getter in a lot of areas, but especially when it comes to enjoying the moment and making such fun, happy memories with the ones that you love. You are a loving wife and mother and you have a beautiful, beautiful family!
Julie, You have been the best 'documenter" of your beautiful family. I enjoy reading all your blog posts...I love that instead of getting mad at the toilet paper all over your house that you instead made it fun and took lots of pictures. Jace has the perfect "mom" in you.
and Sheldon has such a wonderful wife...I am glad you had these 17 beautiful days....love you lots. I hope to be more like you!,
Love, Rockelle
Such a beautiful forever family. I love all of the happy pictures of the joy you all share and always will. You are a wonderful mother and an inspiration to all who know you.
Love you...
I think all of us could learn a thing or two about enjoying the moment from you and Sheldon. I sure love you Julie!
Julie, what a wonderful 17 days. You inspire me to do more as a mom. You’ve not only captured these moments, you’ve captured our hearts. We will forever be able to remember them with fondness. Jace’s smile is contagious. You can’t help but laugh when you look at him with all that toilet paper. Our prayers are with you.
Julie, I am not sure if you remember me, but I remember you! I lived in Cinnamon tree apartments. We were in the same ward. I was Jennie Brown back then. You are such an amazing woman, wife and mother. I have loved looking at the pictures and reading about your amazing family. I look forward to going back farther and reading more about your miracle baby, sweet husband and your amazing family.
I don't know you personally, but I have a son named Jace (he's 14), I think there must be something pretty special about boys named Jace. They are both so lucky to have mommies who love them more than anything in this world.
I don't know you but my heart is breaking for you. Your pictures are amazing and I am glad you take a million like I do. I am a mom to 3 kiddos through adoption as well. My prayers are with your family as well as Jace's birth family. I don't really know what to say, just wanted you to know you have people praying for you. xoxo
I love e sensory bins! I use them for preschool. It is one of the things that all of my kiddos play with all week long! Your family looks truly happy!
I loved looking at these pictures with you and I agree that you can never have too many pictures.
You have inspired me to be a better mom. How blessed Jace is to have such a magical childhood. You did that. You gave him the best childhood any kid could ask for. I love his new room and your fun times in the snow. What wonderful pictures and memories!
What beautiful moments, and a beautiful family to always have with you for eternity. You are such an amazing woman Julie this is a wonderful tribute to both of the amazing men in your life. Lots of love always.
Julie, this is such a beautiful post. You have always been such a great example of a loving mother and wife. It is so comforting to see the special times you got to spend with Sheldon and Jace this past month. You guys are an amazing eternal family and I love you all.
-Des
Julie, its been years since we met at Ben and Holly's wedding. I'm Ben's older sister, Rebecca. I've secretly stalked your blog since you and Sheldon broght Jace home and always have been inspired by your embraceing each day and appriciating all of tose little daily moments that are so special and so easy to overlook. I still remember Holly calling me so excited to annouce Jace's birth. I cried tears a joy for you three that day. Life is so beautiful and so precious. Thank you for your beautiful post and for sharing such spectacularly beautiful moments and for reminding us all to see such moments the way you do.
Beautiful, Julie! Jace reminds me so much of my Jace! He loves Angry Birds too, & I made him a Dino sensory box also. So glad you shared your beautiful family with us! Thank you. You are amazing!
Love, Sherrie
Julie, you are an amazing mother and wife. You did a fantastic job at truly enjoying every moment you had with your sweet boys! You are an example for us all to follow as you appreciated the small little triumphs for Jace & Sheldon. Thank you for teaching us to be more like the Savior. May he carry you all the way through. Love to you. My mom, Camille, Jennifer & I are praying for you and your family.
Julie, I do not know you, but I saw a posting from Stacy Perry that lead me to this blog. Going through your pictures and seeing you, Sheldon and Jace in your last weeks together really touch my heart and I am sitting her crying my eyes out for you. The time you shared with Sheldon and the blessing of Jace are blessings that so few of us get in this life! Alot of us are wandering this earth looking for perfect someone for them let alone share a beautiful child together and you were blessed with both! Even if it was for a short time. I pray that you will find courage, strength and peace within HIM to get you through this. Words can not describe what I feel for you right now, but sending a loving mothers/wife hug out to you. Stay strong!
Maria Van Rossum
Julie! Its been a while but I have always kept your blog bookmarked to keep up w your happenings since you left Mooberry. I just love the TP pics...so sweet. :) Tammy Biles (kinder teacher at Moo)
We don't know each other so I hope you don't mind that I'm commenting... but I just wanted to tell you that your family is beautiful! Jace's smile is contagious in these pictures, so is yours and your husbands. I am so happy to know that the 3 of you will be smiling together again!
Julie, what an absolutely beautiful family you have. The love echoes throughout this post, your son's smile lights up his whole face.
What a wonderful, fun filled time you have documented for the first half of March. I hope every single memory ever made remains vivid in your mind and heart forever.
Look at that awesome little race track, what imagination in using the toilet paper!
I have never visited your blog before, but I am so grateful I have done so now.
You will forever be in my thoughts...xoxo
you are a wonderful mother...i can just tell. my heart goes out to you.
Hi Julie,
It was really awesome to read this post. What really stood out for me, as I read it and looked at the pictures, was how in touch you were and how respectful you were of your son's imagination and curiosity, and how you really did take the time to make some moments really special.
What a gift. A gift for you at the time it was happening and a gift for you now, in reflection.
Jace and Sheldon were so lucky to have you, just as lucky as you were to have them.
With deep caring and hugs,
Leeann
I love the sensory bings you made. What a great mom you are. Thank you for sharing these tender moments.
Post a Comment